Monday, December 24, 2007

iTunes Question

So I'm still poking round on my new computer, which has so far provided happy moments (dashboard widgets!) and cursing moments (it corrupted my ID!) in equal measure.

But I just came across something that seems to be really annoying: in iTunes 7.5, I don't seem to be able to edit the comments field of any tracks -- at all.

I use the comments to drive a lot of my playlists, so this is a big problem -- anyone else have anything like this happen, or know any solutions?

Update: Suck on this, iTunes! I fixed the problem, which actually had to do with my music library being on an external hard drive. (I had to find and edit the permissions.) All better now.

2 comments:

Ellen Gerstein said...

Hi Andrew. I didn't download 7.5, but through Twitter and other sources I've been seeing a lot of negative comments about this. I got screwed from a 6.x update (it ceased to recognize my iPod) so I am extremely wary about iTunes upgrades. I tend to not update until I've read a bit about what people are saying about the most recent update.

That of course does not answer your question. I would probably try iTunes customer service files - they tend to be helpful, more so if you're using a Mac.

Seeker said...

Dear Andrew,

I have been reading your blog regularly but this is the next time I'm commenting on it. Reading your blog has been a ritual for me and I want to thank you for all the happiness you've given to me.

At this time, I want to take the opportunity to give you my heartfelt wishes for Christmas and wish you a great New Year ahead.

May all your dreams come true :-)

--------------------------
My Positivity Blog
http://positivityhub.com/

Post a Comment